Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What about your comfort zone?

I love to stand back and see God in action! I don't know why... but it still amazes me how God leads, guides, and directs my paths when I don't even know he is working. During our missions conference, one of the speakers talked about how we get as Christians can sometimes get comfortable and life is easy as we follow the Lord. That's great if we are in His will obediently serving and following Him. But sometimes, the Lord says it's time to step out of our comfort zone...follow another path...change directions...to simply trust and obey Him. The Lord showed me I was good at talking but was I really willing to obey Him whatever He asked me to do. I told Him I was willing...now a few weeks later I was faced with putting my words into actions! I was in a quandary for the last month trying to find God's will for my life. I have been an oncology nurse for 15+ years and 14 years have been in our Easley office. An opportunity to do something different in our Seneca office came up but I wasn't sure which way to go. I listed all the pros and cons ...prayed...studied...tried to talk it thru with my wise and patient husband...but I still couldn't find any peace. Staying in my comfort zone in Easley or stepping out in faith to go to Seneca. Have you ever been in that kinda situation. Both options are good. Both are godd paths. Both are reasonable options. One had my heart...the patients I had grown to love. The other was unknown but was it time to step out in faith...to blindly follow the Lord? Which one was HIS will for my life??? I had some good advice...lots of prayers...the support of Larry and the kids but I was unsure which path to take and it was driving me nuts!!! One thing I was told that helped was "It isn't faith until you trust Him and take the first step". So trust Him!
I did and He was right. It has been an adjustment but being in the center of HIS will...knowing you are where he wants you to be...is soooooo much better than being comfortable. But, who knows...one day this could be a "comfort zone "too!!!HE still amazes me!!! Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment